Monday, February 8, 2016

A long January

Whew! Finally getting around to updating again after a long break. We had a wonderful trip to Hawaii. It was amazing to just relax and hang out with Weston for six days. Not having to take anyone else to the bathroom or feed anyone else was just simply delightful.  I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I would, but I enjoyed doing nothing. That isn't something I am normally good at, but it was nice.  I made a lot of progress on my Lilli Pilli shawl, I am now half way through the 100-row garter stripe section.  After that I have another small lace section, which I am sure will slow me down, but I am excited to have this finished! It will probably be the fanciest thing I have ever knitted for myself.



We also did a few tourist-y things.  We went and played mini-golf, visited a goat farm, and a vodka farm.  The tour of the vodka farm was very interesting and I learned a lot! If you are ever in Maui, be sure to stop by the Ocean Vodka farm as it is a fun little outing.



I have finally started on Weston's Gansey again. Nothing like knitting on a deadline! I really hope it works out this time because I am not sure I have it in me to knit it a third time. (Not that I knit the whole sweater the first time, but I knit enough to be quite annoyed at myself for having to reknit it.)

Hopefully I will have more beautiful knitting to share with you soon! Keep those needles clicking!

No comments: