Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sewing and stripes

I am through the garter stitch stripes on my Lilli Pilli shawl! The rainbow is there...and now there are only forty rows of beaded lace left to go. Ha! Checking my Ravelry page I saw that I started it in May of last year so there is potential that it will be finished within a year. That would be a pretty good record for me for things that I have knitted for myself.



I had sewing day yesterday and I was able to accomplish quite a bit! I put the borders on a small baby quilt and pieced the back so it is ready to be quilted. I am really happy with it! The fabric is very cute without being baby-ish and girly without being pink.



I also finished this quilt top. It needs a border, which means a shopping trip, but I am happy with it.  I had the patterned charm squares in my stash for a long time and I thought this simple quilt would be a good use for them. I am hoping to find something orange or green for the border which means Lucy will have to stay at home. She was already quite disappointed that the blue squares weren't pink...apparently everything should be pink if you ask her.


I have quite a few projects on the needles but nothing that is in a grab and go state.  I am hoping to remedy that tonight so I have something to knit while out and about with the kids this week. Hopefully everyone had a great weekend!


No comments: