Monday, March 28, 2016

Digging through stash

Last Saturday was the local quilt guild's sewing event, which I love to attend! Since moving to Cordova I have been able to finish a number of quilts that I had started by attending these monthly events. It gives me time and space to sew, which is always nice! Friday I spent the morning going through my fabric stash and pairing fabric I had with patterns so I could get some new things started...and hopefully finished! Lucy found some fabric that she just loved so I got started on a quilt for her.


I have fabric for a quilt for Sawyer as well that has dogs flying airplanes...ha! The hope is that I can have two twin sized quilts finished by winter for their bunk bed. Not that we are lacking any blankets, but it is nice to have a quilt that was made specifically for you. 

I am also still knitting away on a few things. Sawyer's sweater actually has just the last 1/3 of a sleeve and the collar left to knit. Man, I forget how much I dislike knitting sleeves. On a top down sweater they are such a chore! I have the whole sweater to haul around to knit these small sleeves. I know Sawyer is really looking forward to it though as he keeps asking when his new sweater will be finished. 


I have quite a bit finished on Weston's sweater (probably should get a picture of that)...I think it is over 12" long now! It lives in my purse and I work on it while the kids are playing. I started a new project that I can't share yet as it is a swap gift but it is working up quickly and I am happy with it.  I might knit myself one I like it so much! It was also my birthday last week which was fun.  One of the gifts I received was an awesome new book (and a generous gift card!) from my parents which I was really excited about! The kids each picked an animal for me to knit for them and I can not wait to get started. 






No comments: